What are your options for Canadian Business and Investor PNP?
Manitoba Farm Investor Pathway
Provincial Nominee Program
The MPNP Farm Investor Pathway stream is designed to attract Applicants who are interested in moving to rural Manitoba to establish and operate a farm operation, and who have verified farm business experience and sufficient capital to invest.
Personal Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the program, the Principal Applicant must:
- Have a verifiable net worth of at least CAD$500,000 that has been accumulated through legal means;
- Make a personal investment of at least CAD$300,000 towards establishment and operation of the farm business;
- If approved for nomination, make a refundable deposit of CAD$75,000 to the Manitoba Development Corporation;
- Demonstrate farm ownership and operation experience of at least three (3) years;
- Complete a Farm Business Research Visit to Manitoba;
- Submit a Farm Business Plan;
- Demonstrate adaptability relating to specified farming skills and practices.
If approved for nomination, Applicants are required to establish the farm business and make all the required investments within two (2) years of landing in Canada. To receive the refundable deposit back, Applicants must submit a report to have the investment verified.
Farm Business Investment Requirements
To be eligible for the program, the Applicant must make an investment that satisfies the following criteria:
- The farm must be in active primary agricultural production, be economically feasible and must not be out of production;
- The farm land must not be leased to others;
- Farm land must not be bought specifically for land value appreciation purposes;
- The farm must be a for-profit entity with the purpose of making a profit from ongoing and recurring business activity;
- If investing in an already existing farm business, the Applicant must control at least one-third of the equity, or make at least CAD$1 million equity investment in the business.
Applicants are required to live on the farm in rural Manitoba and actively participate in the day-to-day management and operation of the business.
Applications may be denied on the following grounds:
- Direct or indirect misrepresentation;
- If the Applicant has close relatives and/or children residing in other province(s) in Canada;
- If the Applicant or any dependent family member, whether accompanying or not, has a criminal record;
- If the Applicant or any dependent family member, whether accompanying or not, has a serious medical condition;
- If the Applicant is prohibited from entering Canada;
- If the Applicant is in Canada illegally;
- If the Applicant is currently a Live-In Caregiver residing in Canada;
- If the Applicant is currently a temporary foreign worker residing and working in a province other than Manitoba;
- If the Applicant is a spouse of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- If the Applicant has been refused by the MPNP within the last 12 months;
- If the Applicant has been refused by another provincial or federal immigration program in Canada and the reasons for refusal apply to the MPNP;
- If the Applicant has an immigration application in process with any other provincial immigration program in Canada;
- If the Applicant is claiming refugee status in Canada, is involved in a federal appeal or is under a removal order in or outside of Canada;
- If the Applicant has unresolved custody or child support disputes affecting members of the family.
Acquiring Permanent Residence
The MPNP Farm Investor Pathway stream is a multi-step process requiring submission of a Farm Business Concept to the MPNP first. The MPNP will invite Applicants whose Business Concepts have potential for long-term economic benefit to rural Manitoba to attend an interview. If the interview is successful, the Applicant will receive a Letter of Advice to Apply to submit a full application for nomination. If the application is deemed successful, the Applicant receives a nomination from the MPNP.
Upon nomination, Applicants and their eligible family members may apply for permanent residence to IRCC to become permanent residents under the Provincial Nominee Class. Applicants must report their arrival within 30 days of landing as a permanent resident, and have two (2) years to establish the farm business.
Application Processing Time
There are no set application processing times for the MPNP. Permanent residence application processing times for the Provincial Nominees Class are currently 15 to 19 months.