Find Your Solution, Expand Your Reach.
Residency by Investment
Located in Southeastern Europe and historically identified as Hellas, Greece has the longest coastline on the Mediterranean Basin and is known as the birthplace of Western culture. The stunning country boasts a Mediterranean climate and is encompassed by the Aegean Sea to the east, the Ionian Sea to the west, and the Cretan and Mediterranean Seas to the south. With the largest economy in the Balkans and a high quality of life and standard of living, Greece is an ideal destination for strategic investors and their families.
The Greek Residency by Investment Program
The Greek Residency by Investment Program, also known as the Golden Visa, is considered one of the most affordable residency-by-investment programs and offers non-EU Applicants and their dependents residency permits in Greece within two to three (2-3) months of applying.
Ways of Acquiring Citizenship
Applicants have six (6) investment options available to obtain residency. The investment options include the following:
- The purchase of either residential or commercial real estate property with a value of at least €250,000.
- The property must be owned personally or through a legal entity based in Greece or elsewhere in the EU. If the legal entity is based elsewhere in the EU, the applicant must own 100% of the company shares.
- A single upfront payment equivalent to a 10-year lease for a real estate property with a value of at least €250,000.
- The property must be a hotel accommodation or furnished tourist residences in integrated tourist resorts.
- The purchased property must have been acquired for at least €250,000 OR the current objective value of the property must be at least €250,000.
- The purchased property must have a value of at least €250,000, and must have been acquired through intestate succession, will or parental concession.
- The Applicant must construct a building on the purchased plot of land.
- The cumulative value of the purchased land and the construction agreement must be at least €250,000.
- A single upfront payment for a timeshare agreement with the minimum cost of €250,000.
Validity of the Residence Permit
Permanent residence permits are valid for five (5) years and are renewable provided that the following conditions are met:
- The Applicant(s) must remain in full ownership of the real estate; and
- Any relevant contracts and/or leases must still be in force.
Applications for renewal or residence permits must be made at least two (2) months prior to the expiry of the current permit. Dependent children must renew their residence permits once they turn 21 years of age.
Benefits of Greece and the Residency by Investment Program
To be eligible to apply, the Principal Applicant must:
Applications will be denied on the following grounds:
Application Processing Time
Decisions are rendered within three (3) months on most application as long as the due diligence report is satisfactory.
International Organization Membership
Greece is a member of the following international organizations:
GNI per Capita
$27,820 US (2017)
Euro. 1 € = 1.13 USD
Average all year round of 10°C – 29°C